Sunday, April 4, 2010

Blame it on the language!

Four years ago I started blogging while I was still living in Netherlands - it became a way to keep my mother tongue alive and vent all of my [many] frustrations. Funnily enough that channel was never really directed to my friends and family as a mean to stay in touch, I would rather just moan to complete strangers. Oh the joy!

As I moved on to Dubai I managed to keep up writing for a while and even fantasized of starting something new in Dutch [yet another language to keep from dying]. The truth was though that I was not even able to keep up writing in Finnish. Somehow the whole urge of writing died off and I guess I just went on living.

In retrospect that was a bloody shame since now when I look back at my old posts I remember loads of stuff that I haven't even thought about in ages. Blogging is such a good way of recording your life and certainly shows that even though our life just seems to flow by, so many events and thoughts pass by and we don't seem to even note them as it happens. It is only afterwards that we seem to be able to connect the dots. So therefore yet another attempt to start recording things ... and this time in language that is impossible to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment